Psychiatric Evaluations

Psychiatric Evaluations

Many of ordinary problems that children have can be dealt with by a pediatrician who has some developmental or behavioural experience. These would be minor problems with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or even hyperactivity. Many pediatricians are quite skilled in the first and second line drugs for impulsive and hyperactive behaviours.

Persistent behavioural difficulties including hyperactivity that does not respond to medication, severe impulsive behaviour oppositional behaviour aggression, or self injury, is the kind of treatment that will require the attention of a specialist in behavioural psychology or a child psychiatrist who has experience with the developmentally disabled. Sometimes, individuals need referral to an epilepsy specialist first, if there is suspicion of seizures. But the long-term treatment of serious behaviour or emotional problems in individuals should almost always be the responsibility of a specialist in child and adolescent psychiatry, who has the appropriate background.

About the website contents

All of the information on this WebSite is for education purposes only. The place to get specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment is your doctor. Use of this site is strictly at your own risk. If you find something that you think needs correction or clarification, please let us know at: 

Send a email: